Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Biscoff Spread/Spekuloos - Buy it now!


Before Christmas I read about this peanut butter-like spread called Spekuloos that's been popular in Europe.  The description I read said it was like a gingerbread flavored spread.  It's made from Biscoff cookies, those little cookies you get on airplanes.  I tried getting some for my husband for a Christmas present but it seemed pricey to pay $7 or $8 a jar plus shipping for something to put on toast.

I was in the grocery store today and they had a table of the Biscoff cookies and jars of the Biscoff spread!!  I think I made an audible gasp when I saw it.  I grabbed a jar and when I got back to the car I opened it and stuck my finger in.  It's amazing!  It tastes like cinnamon graham crackers, but it's super smooth.  We tried it out tonight on a couple of frozen waffles.  It would also be good just on toast or with sliced apples.

I highly suggest you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment